Friday, June 8, 2012

Extreme Couponing Joyce & April





My recaps aren't going to be anything to extreme or long.  I just want to point out some things I notice in the shopping trips.  I didn't catch all of the stores they shopped in, but if I did I include it.


Joyce


She is from West Columbia, SC and she is a waitress and her customers leave her coupons as tips.  She talked a lot about how she is addicted to couponing and how she "has to be addicted to something."


Her crazy stockpile included 500 boxes of Bayer, 837 razors and 560 cans of fruits/veggies.  I honestly don't understand people with things like this.  She uses the items from her stockpile to work out with so they don't have to have a gym membership.  If anything at least she is creative, right?


She had over 20 coupons for free 12 packs of 7-Up..that seems legit, right? *sigh*


One of her "quirks" is she has to have the "perfect" cashier.  She will walk around for hours after she is already done shopping (meaning after spending hours already) until she finds a cashier that fits her requirements.  Two that I remember her mentioning are "young and smiling"....I just can't....too much craziness.


April


She is from MI and uses the items she gets couponing to trade for favors.  One being that she can use the work computers to print coupons.  Now she gives the people working the cookies or whatever to use their computer & printer.  I wonder if her job is okay with that?


She has a 1 BR apartment filled to the brim with her stockpile.  She made her boyfriend/husband (can't remember which) move his desk to the basement so she could use that spot for her stockpile.  She mentioned since he is going to school and she is paying the bills it is up to her.  Sounds like a fun relationship.  I was curious why her stockpile couldn't go to the basement, but what do I know.


One thing I wanted to mention and she is a prime example for this.  If you really pay attention "Extreme Couponing" is not anything impressive.  Any one can go and buy $1,000 tubes of toothpaste (for example) that are $1.00 each and use 1,000 $1/1 coupons.  That right there is a $1,000 savings.  I don't understand how people think that is impressive.  Anyway.  Here are the things they said she got:


120 Sobe (she somehow had $1/1 coupons for these)
30 protein bars
100 cinnamon rolls
845 cookies


Am I the only one that sees all the greed with these people?

No comments:

Post a Comment