Friday, November 25, 2011

Leftovers! Yum! Random post :)

So I know a lot of people are excited today to stand in lines and fight crowds to hopefully be able to snag a deal.  Not me no way.  What am I excited about you ask?  Leftovers.  Yep that's right.  Now when someone comes in and says "I'm hungry!"  I just point to the fridge and wa-lah instant meal.  Love it!  So what did you guys make for Thanksgiving?  I love seeing what other people make!  Hit me up on Twitter to share pics or just leave a comment with a link!  


Didn't take any pictures of the food yesterday.  I was so hungry when I got done working and still had to cook that when the food was done I was scarfing!  Here's a pic of my lunch today.






Here's what my menu was:


Turkey (of course!!)
Mashed potatoes
Baked Mac & Cheese
Green Bean Casserole
Stuffing
Rolls
Cranberry Sauce
Green Jello (tradition from hubby's side see pic below)
Dutch Apple Pie


Green Jello.  I had never heard of this until I started dating my husband.  His mom use to make this for them every year at Thanksgiving.  Now that we don't have her anymore I be sure to make this every year for my husband so that he can remember his wonderful memories with his mom and still have one of his favorite treats.  Ingredients: Lime Jello, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, crushed pineapple and walnuts.  The picture doesn't do it justice it is soooo good!



No comments:

Post a Comment